Monday 18 July 2016

Sandie's Story

Last summer, two regular walkers at Mitcheldean, Pam and Sandra were trained as Walking for Health Walk leaders and in September  started a brand new weekly walk in Huntley. They advertised far and wide, and here's the story of one happy walker who has joined them on their very successful walk. 
Sandie
"I saw the Walking For Health group advertised in our Huntley Parish Magazine and joined last December. I was a bit nervous as I hadn't walked any distance for almost 2 years and was worried about keeping up, but I was welcomed by Pam and Sandra,  who assured me I would be OK.

Sandie with Walk Leaders Pam (left) and Sandra (right)
On my first walk, I had to sit down half way round, but one of the walk leaders sat with me and assured me it was perfectly alright to stop and have a breather. We are a friendly group with no set pace, just enjoying being outside in the fresh air and in one another's company. I'm pleased to say my walking has much improved and I now enjoy every minute of it."



Some of the regular Huntley Walkers
Why not join Sandie and the other Huntley walkers on a Wednesday morning health walk? They meet at 10.30 at the Red Lion, North Road, Huntley GL19 3DU and return there after the walk for coffee and biscuits. You can just turn up, or call Sandra on 01452 830141 or Pam on 01452 830957 if you have any questions.



No comments:

Post a Comment